Monday, January 16, 2012
Week One
Art 220 been very different in comparison to most other art classes I have taken so far. I took my first art class when I was about 5 or 6 years old and even up until last quarter, class was always about learning new techniques to create art or learning how to use the tools we purchase properly. I should've expected it to be much different just by the name of the course. Each person has a different way to approach a project but I never really thought about the things that needed to happen within a person in order to have a successful project. I subconsciously knew that there is usually a problem that needs to be solved when you are presented an assignment, however, having everything the process laid out step by step somehow gave light to things I would normally overlook. I can look at a flyer and say how it can be improved by changing the size or location of certain things but I couldn't explain why. Doing the excercise of breaking down the design of the flyer that was posted in class helped me understand why certain design methods are better than others, whether because it creates a focal point of because it is the way our eyes are accustomed to reading. Listening to more personal stories from the professor also gave me a glimpse behind the scenes of the graphic design field that I rarely get. Even if it was very brief, hearing about experiences of people who have already been through the path I am trying to go down with my career helps to keep me motivated and seem more attainable and realistic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment