Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thursday, January 19

Network, network and network. The more I learn about the design world the more I see that networking is essential. We learn from our peers and give each other a hand as we come together for a common cause/goal. Thursday's class gave everyone a wide range of emotions. Some of us were frustrated, others might have been feeling bad about their work while others were feeling proud of it. I typically have a hard time working in groups because for some reason I end up having to be the one to step up to do the work because I don't want to risk my grade. However, when we were given the task of having to organize tour work from best to work, the opposite happened. Too many people stepped up to the point of what seemed like utter chaos and people judging each other for their ideas of "good work". In the end, we all reminded ourselves that we are too old to behave that way and we had a task that needed to get done, and so we did it the best way we could (or at least the best at that moment).
I particularly enjoyed this class session. It gave us a chance to get to know each other. It wasn't so much about what the stories our cartoons told or how good our drawings were, but more about being able to criticize our work and other people's work in order to improve. Instead of dealing with who's drawing technique was more creative I enjoyed watching our group get into a discussion about effective cartoons and together coming to a realization that the criteria for better work was actually quite simple; we were presented with a problem and we needed to solve it in the most efficient and creative way and the best work had to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment