Sunday, January 22, 2012
Tuesday, Jan. 17
Tuesday's lecture opened my eyes to things in my daily life that typically went unnoticed. Although I haven't throughly studied it, I know that colors provoke certain emotions in a person and that companies use that psychology in order to attract their customers. However, because I knew very little about it, I only questioned advertisements over the surface as to why they were designed they way they were. After Tuesday's lecture it is safe to say that I will not look at Jack-In-The-Box logo the same way anymore. Now I look at other advertisements and logos throughout my day and look for similarities and ask why the designers chose that design. With Tuesday's lecture, I began to understand that good designs (especially for marketing) are hardly ever accidents, every detail is meant to say something and make the viewer feel or think a certain way and attract them to their product or ideology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment